I take great pleasure in bringing you this brilliantly written guest post by a very great blogger and friend of mine.. Shabnam has been a season blogger for some time very experience and a great motivator who always encourages and support other blogger she is the proud owner and editor in chief of techniez lounge. You can follow here on twitter or check here blog out here at techniez lounge and as you may have notice lawmacs is now been powered by Thesis yes you read it right WordPress and Thesis.You can let me know what you think, without further a due here is Shabnam.
Before you start a new blog or a site here are few SEO steps which you need to follow to make your blog Search Engine friendly and to get better rankings.
- Domain Name: The first thing which you need to consider before starting your blog is the domain name. Choose a domain name which describes about your blog and has the keywords. You will find many blogs which don’t have keywords in Domain name but having keywords in domain name is good for SEO point of view.
- Keyword Research: Keyword research is often neglected by some bloggers but it is imperative that you do proper keyword research which are relevant to your blog and use them. It is advisable to use long tail keywords as they help you in getting better rankings in search engines.
- . Content: Write quality and unique contents for your blog and update it frequently. To avoid duplicate content issue in your blog use use robots.txt.Use of Robots.txt file helps you to control crawling of your blog.Duplicate contents affects indexing and search engine ranking of blogs.
- . Meta tags: Write search engine friendly unique titles for your blog with proper keywords but avoid stuffing of keywords. Create unique Meta Description for each blog posts which describes the content and Meta keywords for every blog post which is based on the web page.
- Anchor text: Anchor text is useful is creating internal link to your blog and is good for SEO.Use proper keywords as Anchor text and avoid too many use of Anchor text as it can lead to Spam.
- Sitemap: Create a Sitemap of your blog and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools and other search engines like Yahoo and Bing.Sitemap helps in indexing of webpage. XML Sitemap helps Search engine spiders to find all the pages in the blog.
- Use of Image Alt Tags: Optimize image by using proper alt tags as the search engine spiders can’t read image.
- Webmasters and Analytics Tool: Sign up with Webmasters Tool in Google, Yahoo and Bing and track your blog performance. You can check the indexed pages of your blog, backlinks and performance of your various Keywords. The above mentioned are the important SEO Checklist which should be followed by bloggers and webmasters to get better search engine rankings.Do share your SEO Checklist!