This is another time for Sunday Round Up. There are five brilliant post for you to enjoy this week and as usual i could not resist the temptation to feature of Jason’s brilliant post, he is a great SEO consultant who always give us detailed explanation in layman’s term so that it is easy to understand. Sunday is a day when most bloggers take the time off and recharge their battery but i see it as a day to highlight some cool post from around the web. A must take the time to thank all the supporters of this blog Shabnam Aswani and all others for their continued support. Now just go ahead and enjoy the post.
(1) How to Optimize Great Content for Search Engines to easily Crawl, Index and Rank – Content optimization is getting trickier these days, as users’ behavior toward how they use the web tend to grow over time, plus the fact that a lot of web content providers on different niches are pushing out tons of “great content” in a steadily growing rate.
This progression on web usage has allowed search engines to identify more data that they can use to assess webpages that should be ranking well on their search results (based on usability, social, authority and so many other factors).
(2) How to Protect Your Site from Negative SEO – A few days ago, I just found out that someone’s trying to pull one of my top keywords’ search rankings by building thousands of spam links to its designated page. Obviously, that douche has plenty of time to waste. Though, unlucky for him, the page is still standing strong on the SERPs up to now (playing around the first 2 spots).
Anyway, the culprit used automated link building tools (not sure which one was it) and has mostly blasted spammy blog comments (on irrelevant pages that automatically approve comments) using exact match anchor texts for the keyword that my SEO strategies resources page is ranking for – which is “SEO strategies”.
(3) Attracting Consumers through Social Media – As technology has progressed, traditional business marketing methods have progressed, too. Although print advertisements, commercials and direct mail advertisements are still effective, they can and should be supplemented by social media marketing techniques to attract business from a wider customer base. It’s not necessary to be a social media expert or a technology guru for a business to make social media marketing work. These simple tips and techniques can help any business, from small at-home businesses to large corporations, to expand their customer base by reaching people globally, rather than just locally.
(4) Twitter Search Overhaul, Blekko SEO, DNS Malware, Speedlink 27:2012 – HI everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week, there has been some interesting news coming out from Twitter’s engineering manager, Pankaj Gupta, who said last Thursday that Twitter will “forever change search and discovery”.
(5) Best Twitter Apps For Android – Twitter, is one of the best ways to stay in touch with your friends and family worldwide. It is a micro blogging site that allows you to follow the people of your interest. There are thousands of Twitter apps made for Android. All apps try to provide some unique feature. You can also get the Twitter Official app in the Android App Store, Google Play. But the official app is not as good as some third party apps are there. To make the perfect use of Twitter on your Android, while on the go, you need to install best app on your device. But how to choose the best one out of too many apps? In this list I have listed the best Twitter apps made for Android. So let’s have a look.
That is all for this week’s Round Up feel free to share Retweet and like on facebook.