Apple launched the iAd Workbench as an improvement over the iAd application released a couple of years ago. The iAd Workbench is released as an answer to the previous dud – the iAd which charged a minimum spend of a mind boggling $1 million to allow companies to advertise their business on mobiles and in-apps. With the new release, companies can subscribe to the services for as low as $50, thus allowing small iPhone app developer to take advantage of mobile advertising market. With just a few lines of code you can deliver creative, rich and engaging media into your apps and get 70 % of the net ad revenue generated.
The new smarter solution suite for mobile advertising – the iAd Workbench, also aims to delegate more control to developers, a characteristic sorely missing in the previous edition.
Features of the power behind iAd Workbench:
- Complete suite of tools: Apple projects the iAd Workbench as a holistic suite of tools and approaches to create remarkable mobile ad campaigns in a simple yet effective way.
- Simple: the iAd Workbench is thought to be very easy to use. In just a few steps the software helps you build customized ad banners, helps optimize and manage your campaigns and aids you to set the right price for the right audience.
- Precision profiling: The new iAd Workbench tool helps developers promote their campaigns target them at a specific market for whom the apps are intended, based on gender, age, preference, and region etc. You can set your target audience manually or automatically and let iAd find the right audience for your apps.
Additional power: It is armed with scores of sturdy features like WebGL with 3D motion Graphics, Passbook, and iTunes rewards. It is easy reaching out to the millions of Apple customer base. The segmentation feature, powered by iTunes and iOS helps reaching out to the right people at the right time.
- Monitoring ease: iAd Workbench tools help you track app downloads and campaign performance, thereby controlling the direction of your marketing strategies. All of this will help boost your earnings. Connecting your brand with the right mix of audience using iAd’s Workbench is easier now than before.
How iAd works?
Apple’s campaign management and creative production tools are great help in finding the right mix of audience for your apps with minimum efforts. Here are some of the tools that help you in reaching out to the millions of Apple’s customers:
- Getting started with iAD: It is quite easy getting started with iAd. iAd provides templates which are highly customizable and makes ad creation easy and quick for small developers.
- Targetting specific audience: After the ad is created, the service also offers you to locate users by geographic location and helps you track the previous downloads from specific apps or iTunes. This helps developers target the correct audience profile and obtain more downloads.
- Auto-targeting of mobile user segments: You can also make use of the auto targeting option provided within the iAd Workbench. The data from the iAd and iStores automatically lets Apple determine your target audience. Manual targeting is also provided for in iAd Workbench, which lets you choose the particular criteria of audience that you want to target.
- iAd dashboard: iAd dashboard helps you manage your campaign performance. It displays a quick yet insightful summary of the details such as impressions, average Cost per Acquisition (CPA), and Cost per Click(CPC), taps, average tap through rate , total spend and number of downloads.
- iTunes radio: Using iOS7, the iTunes radio provides access to the millions of passionate iTunes listeners every day. With great features and tools like pre-buffered audio, interactive creative; accurate targeting iAd helps bring the best and optimized advertising to iTunes radio.
Apple’s radio services offerings on iAd and iTunes will start offering customized programs from this fall. Programs include optimized for brands radio advertizing. You can target the millions of iTunes radio listeners with iAd, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or Mac.
- iTunes radio desktop feature: It provides you unlimited access to millions of iTunes users on Mac and PC. Helps you speak directly to the customers about the products they are interested in, while they are on their computers. It helps you, by providing a platform to educate and inform the customers about your products.
iTunes radio creates a unique and enriching experience to all the customers, whether they are users of Mac, PC, iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone or Apple TV. This is a great platform to display your content with creative inline video playing with iTunes radio on Apple TV.
To summarize Apple’s view on the new version as stated in their iAd workbench page, it’s the simplest way to create, optimize and manage ad campaigns for apps among millions of iOS users with iAd workbench.
Apple released iAd in 2011 to change the way mobile advertisements look, work and sell, thus ushering a new dawn in mobile advertising world. While Apple has reportedly spent close to $1 million to be spent for a campaign, the value of the campaign is yet to come into play.
This useful content is contributed by Sienna Amelia, directed at technology people. She has been involved in researching iPhone apps development and the mobile companies market’s latest happenings all around the world. She can always share mobile technology-related subjects to make readers learn and share knowledge.