Posting informative videos is a good way to attract visitors and increase awareness about a company. However, to enhance rankings in video search engines, you need to optimize videos correctly.
Video search optimization is in its infant stage currently. However, it is growing rapidly. In case you are unsure how to optimize your videos, consider hiring a SEO services company and opting for professional SEO services for video optimization. Additionally, you can start with these three following options to post videos:
Option 1- Posting videos on your site
The primary purpose of posting videos on your site is to offer information in a unique way. To allow video search engines to crawl your site in a hassle-free manner, opt for the following tips.
· Optimizing the video file is the most critical step. To optimize, offer information that can include a title, summary, and few keywords.
· While posting videos on your site, ensure that HTML content surrounds them. Information placed in a video file is usually limited. This strategy will allow search engines to acquire detailed data from the surrounding pages.
· Pay special attention to the page text. Do not forget to write a keyword-rich and detailed description of the posted videos.
· Arrange video files in a single directory. This will allow the crawler to access videos more easily.
Option 2- Submitting MRSS/RSS feed to a site
In this situation, you may want to increase awareness about your company by getting in touch with sites that accept MRSS or RSS feed. Examples of such sites can include Blinkx and Yahoo Video. Optimizing videos for these sites involves various steps. These can include submitting a description, title, keywords, category, thumbnails, and a complete transcript.
Submitting a full transcript is important, because it gives the site something to chew on.
Option 3- Uploading video at video-sharing sites
The third scenario involves uploading videos at video-sharing sites, such as YouTube, Yahoo Video. Before sharing videos at these sites, you should optimize them. Consider the following steps.
· Entering metadata at these sites is important as well. This can include keywords, title, and description.
· Placing your logos in the first and last frames of the video is a great idea. You can also incorporate any other useful information in these frames.
We highlighted few tips that will help you to optimize videos in three different situations. Now, we will offer few general video optimization tips.
1. Develop interesting videos. Unless your video contains something unique, people will not watch it.
2. Duration of your video should not be more than 5 minutes. Creating a lengthy video can bore the users.
3. Do not forget to include the word ‘video’ in any metadata. The reason is that many people type the word ‘video’ while searching for a relevant video. Implementing this strategy will increase your rankings in the search engines. Of course, do not go overboard with it.
4. Offer various versions that can include .wmv, .avi, and .mov. This strategy will not enhance your SEO rankings. However, it will allow visitors to choose their preferred version.
5. Encourage people to rank your videos. Remember that crawlers give great importance to ranks of videos.
6. Create an enticing and keyword-rich title of your video. Consider the fact that title plays a critical role in attracting attention of your target users.
7. Incorporate keywords in the URL and filename. Video search engines give importance to the usage of relevant keywords.
Creating and sharing videos are not enough. You have to publicize them as well. Place them in various sites and encourage people to share them. If possible, offer some incentive so that people feel interested in sharing them.