Game Boy games are pretty addictive and fun to play. This is the main reason why people want these on their Android Tablets. On that nice touch screen, the game will be even better. But there is a problem when it comes to install a Game Boy games on the tablets but this problem can be solved. We decided to offer you the solution for this problem and all you have to do is to follow the next few steps.
1. Grab your Android Tablet and go directly to your internet browser. Once you opened the browser, type this address into the search bar- 4shared.com. Once on 4shared search for “Gameboid”. Gameboid is a Game Boy emulator that will allow you to play those cool old games on your Android.
You can get the Gameboid in the Android Marketplace (Google Play store) if you are going to feel safer there. You will have free options with the price tag. Some of the Emulators are better and others are not good at all, so make sure to read the reviews before you decide to lose your precious time.
2. Now that you’ve hit the Enter key you will get the list of the Gameboids. Feel free to choose any game from the list, don’t think too much, choose the first one or the second and let’s start the timer. Once the download ends your timer will reach the zero.
3. Once you finished downloading Gameboid, go back to 4Shared homepage and search for “gba.bios.zip”. You will get multiple results again so choose any from the list. On the download page you will see the comments of other users, so if the file is harmful you will know. If comments are OK don’t be afraid to press Download button.
4. Once you finished with this previous step, go to Gameboid and you will get the message asking you to open or start bios.bin. That file should be somewhere on your SD card in the Downloads. Once you started the Emulator you will be asked to choose the ROM (each game is packed as a ROM) to play.
5. To get the ROM you will have to use PC. Search for the best downloads on the net and download them on your PC. You can find the download from hundreds of sites (literally) so make sure to choose the best one. As with everything else, the best choices are on the first page of Google.Do not forget that you should have (legally talking) the original ROM cartridge as your property to be eligible to play. Once you downloaded the files on your PC, connect the Android and PC with a USB cable.
6. After the connection is finished just extract the game files to your Android Tablet. You can do this by searching for a ROM files in the Downloads folder (or any other folder you choose before downloading started). Go to the Start icon on your desktop and click the Computer button. When the folder opens you will see the removable disks on the list. Drag the ROM files straight to your Android.
7. Once you moved the files to your Tablet you’re ready to start your Gameboid Emulator. Find the GBA app and tap it. Once you opened the app you can choose from the list which game to play. In your Emulator you can also find different cheats (that you had previously downloaded). Use the cheats from the list to enhance your gaming experience. Tap the cheat from the list and then tap OK. Besides cheats you can use Fast-forward option to skip boring parts of the games (usually those are some boring intros, outros and conversations). That’s it; enjoy your time with this old school looks on a 21st century gadget.
Author Bio : Jason Phillips is a veteran technology journalist and a thought leader in new media. Apart from that, he is also a content writer and guest blogger. He contributes many articles for www.sonicgames365.com.