(1) How to Increase Visitor “Time on Site” by 618% [Traffic & Conversion #2] – Welcome to the 2nd update of the traffic and conversion series. This is a monthly blog post where I discuss specific strategies I use to drive more traffic to my sites and how I convert these web visitors. (Specifically I detail what I’m currently doing with SteveScottSite.com) Last time, I discussed 7 ways to increase blog traffic by 25.35%. Today I’ll talk about a strategy that I’m currently using to increase the amount of time people spend on my site…by as much as 618%. But first, let’s see what happened in October…
(2) Build My Rank Review – THE Best Way to Get Backlinks? – As we’ve all learned, backlinks are a key factor for how Google ranks a page in their search results. Put simply, the more quality backlinks you have the higher your site will rank. (Okay… that was a major simplification.) Basically there are two choices when it comes to backlinks: You can hope people will link to a site because they like the content You can use tools to [semi] automate the process of getting backlinks. Frankly, I have always thought that most backlinking tools are complete junk, because they usually are. Some will get your site penalized by the all mighty Google. Others create lots of “junk content” throughout the Internet which does nothing for your site. In the last month, I’ve tested about a dozen backlinking tools for my niche affiliate income series.
(3) Download iOS 5.0.1 ( Direct Links) – Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 firmware to public to fix battery drainage of iOS 5 and as well as for iPhone 4S battery.iOS 5.0.1 beta 2 was seeded to developers last week to iron out the possible bugs. iOS 5.0.1 which is of build 9A405 brings multitasking gestures for iPad 1 and resolves bugs with documents in the Cloud.iOS 5.0.1 Download iOS 5.0.1 ( Direct Links) How to download and update to iOS 5.0.1 You can download iOS 5.0.1 OTA by going to “Settings” >> “General” >> “Software Update” >> “Download and Install”. iOS 5.0.1 can also be downloaded via iTunes where you will find an update to launch a new software. iTunes download size for the new iOS software is 790 MB. iOS 5.0.1 is compatible with iPhone 4S/iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2/iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G and iPod Touch 3G. iOS 5.0.1 also patches five security vulnerability which was revealed by researcher Charlie Miller.
(4)How to Organize Your Thoughts for Creating Content – When a piece of content contains a lot of mixed ideas and an unclear message overall, readers are left with nothing to take away from what they just read. Although timeseo copywriting consuming and sometimes tedious, laying out the key points that need to be covered is crucial to ensure that readers grasp and understand the intention of the article. Project management and organizational skills are just as important in writing as they are in all other major areas of a business. Here are a few steps that every business should follow before crafting their content
(5) Are you really saying something? – I absolutely hate 90% of the buzzwords that get thrown around when it comes to internet marketing. I understand the human desire to label and categorise, and of course it’s useful when utilised properly, but we’re definitely getting to the stage where we’re excessively labelling and categorising and it’s getting out of control. One of the terms that annoys me the most is ‘Web 2.0’. From a technical perspective, it’s a completely meaningless number; the internet has been through several huge eras both socially and technically and ‘2.0’ doesn’t do anything to describe that in a logical way. Used in reference to a particular style of design or sites that fit certain interaction attributes, it’s just about passable. But the ‘Is Web 2.0 Dead?’ thing (in fact, ANYTHING which contains ‘Is … Dead?’) really annoys me. ‘Web 2.0’ is a trend. It’s kind of cute in a jokey way to refer to a person or animal as going through an upgrade period and being ‘[Name] 2.0’, but the people who try to make it mean something in a serious way are heading for disaster.
(6) Viral Content Marketing: Creating, Promoting and Scaling Content – Last Saturday, October 29, 2011, I presented about Viral Content Marketing at Mastering Online Ranking Conference. MORCon is one of the most awaited yearly SEO conferences in the country, as several of the country’s top-gun SEOs unite to share their knowledge (and some of their secrets) about the online marketing industry to our small local community of Internet professionals. I was lucky to be invited to present at this event and definitely fortunate to receive a lot of positive feedbacks about my presentation, given that it was my first ever speaking gig. My slides from MORCon are below, and I might also upload a video of my presentation (though it’s in Filipino) in the coming weeks. Any questions about the presentation, feel free to drop a comment below.
That is Round up for this week hope you enjoyed it and have a great week ahead and here is a bonus link that you must visit The 7 links (post) challenge for my blog readers